Any concerns or questions about the program should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you have carefully read all the material, including the "Field Activity Plan", and watched all the training videos.
- Print out the "Volunteer reference guide" and the "Distance estimation tool". Make sure you carry these items with you when you patrol for coyotes. If you would like us to send you these items by mail, please let us know.
- Practice using the Distance estimation tool and the “thumb technique” on coyote-sized objects.
- Practice filling in the form. You can find a practice version of the form here. You can also base your answers on the video below. Please note that you should not use this form to record information once the program has started. We will send you the final version of the form by email.
- Complete the training quiz, which you can find here. You will need to obtain a grade of 100% before you can participate in the program. In each neighbourhood, we seek a team leader who will help answer questions from the community and coordinate the actions of other participants.
- Read, print, initial, and sign the waiver below. The purpose of this document is to make you aware of the risks associated with this program, to ask you to accept those risks, and to help you understand your responsibility in case of injury or property damage arising from your participation. This will allow you to make an informed choice about whether to participate. This is a legal document and, by signing, it you are giving up certain legal rights, including the right to sue should you be injured during participation. You will not be able to participate in the program until you have signed this waiver. Once completed, send a scanned copy or photo of your waiver to email@example.com. We understand it may be impossible to have staff or a non-family witness sign the form in this time of self-isolation. Only get the witness signature on the form if you can do so safely and without violating public safety guidelines. The waivers will be stored in a secured server location.
- This program has started in some neighbourhoods, and will start in others when enough volunteers have been recruited and trained. Do not start patrolling for coyotes or conducting aversive conditioning before completing all the steps under "Getting started" and receiving an official confirmation from us.
Video by Gigi Harris